What’s NOT In a Naturepedic Baby/Kids Mattress?
Naturepedic follows the precautionary principle and eliminates questionable chemicals in the first place. Naturepedic also avoids the
use of certain conventional mattress materials such as vinyl/PVC and polyurethane foam in favor of materials such as food-grade polyethylene
and organic cotton. In addition, Naturepedic eliminates all fire retardant chemicals, perfluorinated chemicals (PFCs), and antibacterial
Naturepedic avoids the use of materials with well known allergenic properties (i.e. latex and wool) for all its baby and children's products.
According to the FDA, a product containing latex cannot be labeled as “hypoallergenic.” Coir (or coconut husks) also contains latex
as a bonding agent. Wool intrinsically contains lanolin
and certain alcohols known to have allergenic properties. Other allergens originate not with the wool itself, but with the chemical treatments applied.
When it comes to babies, we believe a more precautionary approach is appropriate.
- NO Flame Retardants or FR Barriers
- NO Memory Foam or Other Forms of Polyurethane Foam
- NO Latex, Wool or Other Commonly Allergenic Materials
- NO Soybean or Biobased Foam (polyurethane foam with soybean oil mixed in)
- NO Polyurethane Coated Nylon or Damask Fabrics
- NO Antibacterial treatments or biocides
- NO Glues or Adhesives
- NO GMO cotton or other GMO fibers
- NO Shoddy insulator Pads