Keeping Your Baby Safe in the Sun – Some Sunscreens May Be More Dangerous Than the Sun!
Keeping Your Baby Safe in the Sun – Some Sunscreens May Be More Dangerous Than the Sun!If you’re going to the beach with a newborn, it’s easy to keep them out of the sun. But once they’re mobile, they want to crawl in the sand, play with their little pail and shovel, make mud pies and splash in the water. How can you safely protect your active little one from the sun? This new guide will give you the skinny on protection, and tell you the truth about sunscreens.
The Environmental Working Group has compiled info on sun safety for you your kids, including research on 1400 different sunscreens (don’t worry, you don’t have to plough through all that research) to help you figure out which are safe and effective.
The new EWG sunscreen guide (read or download the guide by clicking the link), offers the following:
- A list of the top sunscreens – by which we mean the least toxic while still being effective.
- A searchable database in which you can find out about the sunscreen you’re using or others you have questions about.
- Sun Safety Tips for every age – from infant to adult.
- The Hall of Shame – your worst options, and why. Some of this product info might come as quite a surprise.
- Sunscreens exposed: The truth about sunscreens, what’s proven and what’s not, and how sunscreens could be causing more health problems, including skin cancer, than sunburns ever did.
This is vital information for your little guys, and for you. Especially the specifics on sunscreens. After all, if you won’t let your baby sleep on toxic chemicals (that’s why we make organic crib mattresses); you’re certainly not going to rub them into their skin!
Summer’s already fun. Now make it safe!