Celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Week, February 11-17, by doing something nice for someone else without any expectations of getting something in return. Doing something kind for others can range from a quick hug to paying it forward in line at the coffee shop to sneakily paying someone’s electric bill, and more. The sky’s the limit when it comes to kindness!
We want to help you give a Random Act of Sleep this week. It’s a kindness that will help mind and body become less stressed and better rested. When you sleep better, you can perform better at work and home, you have a healthier immune system, and you’re generally just in a better mood! We’ve put together 7 great ideas for you to give someone the gift of Safe Healthy Sleep™ this week:
1. The Lie-In: Let your partner sleep in on a day when they normally wake early. This might mean you take over breakfast duties in the AM, but it’s an easy way to let your partner know you value their time and their healthy sleep. Plus, you’ll get some insight into how much work goes into a well-executed morning routine!
2. The Detox Bath: Run a warm bath for your partner with epsom salts, baking soda, and aromatherapy bath oils for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience that will have them drifting to sleep as soon as their head meets the pillow.
3. The Mix Tape: Put together a playlist of sleep-inducing tunes for your bestie and burn a CD they can use as part of their bedtime routine for years to come. You can also make one for your kids with lullaby versions of popular songs.
4. The Cup of Tea: Treat a friend to a box of organic tea for rest and relaxation, such as Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night tea or this loose leaf blend appropriately called Lights Out. You could even include a small sachet of lavender flowers or a mug perfect for a cozy cuppa.
5. The Journal: Perfect for your busy friends and family members, a bedtime journaling routine can help de-stress and stay focused on positivity. Put together a nighttime journal gift basket with a special notebook and pen, or a dream journal for your friend who has crazy adventures in her sleep.
6. The Sleep Library: If you’ve got a buddy who is an avid reader, help them soak up knowledge about healthy sleep. Books like Sleep Smarter, The Sleep Solution, and many more will help your sleepy friend understand the biology behind sleep, common sleep impairments and disorders, and how to get the best night’s sleep possible.
7. The Pillow: Treat your loved one to a comfortable and supportive organic pillow designed for optimal sleep health and postural support. Even the most comfortable of mattresses might leave you with neck pain or improper alignment, making a supportive pillow essential to healthier sleep.
Let us know what you did for Random Acts of Kindness Week!